Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2011

EN - Rack layout



Once again I´ve been a bit lazy, we´ve been to my parents and I decided to spent more time with my family than blogging (and learning).

But as mentioned earlier I was finally able to cable my rack.


As you can see (hopefully) I´ve got a mixed rack. This means a small part of the stuff is used for productive networking in our office.

I will quickly line out what I´ve used and why, starting from top.

U 1 & 2 - patch panels for the office (non LAB)
U 3 - Cisco 2509 + octopus cable + AUI converter – this router is used to provide console connections to all lab devices
U4 - Cisco 2924 – 24 Port Fast Ethernet switch, not really part of the lab the switch just provides the L2 Structure for the ASAs
U5 -6 Neat Patch – just to keep the rack clean
U7 HP ProCurve Switch (non Lab)
U8 Cisco ASA (BLUE) – Running ASA OS 8.0.2
U9 Cisco ASA (GREEN) – Running ASA OS 8.0.2
U10 Cisco ASA (RED) – Running ASA OS 8.0.4 (need to fix that)

Below – not rack mounted – Dell Vostro 410 Desktop PC modified to work as VM host system with ACS, IOU , GNS3 and some Guest OS to work as clients.

All Lab equipment is attached to an 8 port power outlet that can be managed using a web interface to remotely reboot the stuff in case it fails.

I´ll update the L1 / L2 topology in the next view days and once again post it here.
So long

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen