Montag, 9. November 2009

EN - Lab update

It has been a while since I made my last post. This was due to several reasons.
First of all I was doing some training for my CCNA and CCNA Sec certification. I've already passed the CCNA stuff and now I'm up to do the CCNA Sec test.
Later on I've planed to do the CCSP tests, hopefully I'll have them finished in January 2010.

The second reason was that I've restructured my lab from the scratch. This was necessary since the old setup did not reflect the environments I've had to face at my customers location and it was not possible to train for the CCNA Sec stuff. :D

So here is a quick overview of my current lab setup


I'll go through the picture and explain the most important machines:

Elysium:
- Is a XP64 workstation running GNS3 and VMWare Server 1.8
- most small labs and tests are done here
- for larger labs this box is used as additional hypervisor
- 2xNICs connected to my main and my lab switch

Core01
- Win2k8 x64 (64 GB RAM 2x4 Core CPUs) – I'm happy with this box :D
- Hyper V is running all VMS
- 2xNICs connected to my main and my lab switch

VM Servers:
Active Directory Server and AD Child Server
- for authentication tests with Active Directory
CA Server
- MS CA Server to do the PKI stuff for router to router authentication
Nagios
- Nagios is monitoring my lab networks and some of my real workstations
Radius
- Free Radius implementation for authentication testing
Tacacs
- TACACS+ for Tacacs testing (still in deployment)
SDM
- Well this XP Machine provides the SDM that is required for CCNA Sec
Workstation
- This is just a testing machine (VPN client and so on)
MAIL
- Reporting from Nagios
Cisco MARS
- a virtual MARS appliance (not really deployed yet)
Machines not listed:
Cisco ACS 4/5 (trial), CUCM 7/ 5

LAB-R001
- virtual 7200 running IOS 15.0.1.M
- stuffed with lots of FE interfaces
- each FE connects to a router lab

LAB-SW01/SW02/SW03
- Cisco lab switches from Ebay
- Catalyst 2950 12.1.22-EA13

Home-SW02
- Netgear 8 Port Gigabit Switch

Router Labs
Each router lab is a own VM running Dynaslax with as much resources allocated as needed

I would be thank full for any comments and other ideas about the lab setup. Even for questions :D

Thats it for now :D
cheers NWG

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen