Dienstag, 27. September 2011

EN – Setting up the basics

First of all yeah I´ve got a new project, mostly ASA/Checkpoint. Sadly it is in Hamburg so quite a good deal away from my family. The only thing positive about being in Hamburg is that I will have the time for some serious learning.
To do so, I´ve started today to build up some basics for the lab.
I had to dig out my old MSDN CDs and deployed a few systems in VMware.

  • System 1: Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory, Certificate Authority and Tardis (for NTP)
  • System 2: Windows Server 2003 with ACS 4.2 and 3CDaemon for Syslog
  • System 3 and 4: Windows XP, Client System for VPN and so on…

Hopefully I will be able to move them from my laptop to the VM Server. When this is completed, my lab is nearly ready.
I noticed today when my Terminal Server Router (2509) arrived that this box was missing an Ethernet interface. Default configuration is just 2x serial and 1x AUI interface, so I had to order an AUI to Ethernet adaptor. Bad luck!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen